Published on:

Have you suffered a slip or trip and fall in a public or private Establishment? Here’s what you need to do

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 8.9 million people suffered non-fatal injuries in the United States in 2012 from slip and fall accidents. Slip and falls were also the leading cause of non-fatal injuries that year. Additionally, over 17, 000 people die in the U.S. annually because of these injuries.  Slip, trip and fall injuries make up 15 percent of all job related injuries, which account for between 12 and 15 percent of all Workers’ Compensation expenses.

Let’s say you’re grocery shopping in one of the aisles of your favorite supermarket and suddenly you slip on a liquid substance and fall and suffer grave knee injuries. Here are our recommendations of the steps you should take following the fall.

1.Document the fall. Take pictures of everything, the substance you fell due to, your surroundings, your injuries, the shoes and clothing you are wearing. Check if there were any warning signs near the location of your fall. These will help you, your attorney and your case in helping prove the negligent behavior of the other party.

2.Get Medical assistance. If you are seriously injured and cannot move, call 911, and have an EMS personnel transport you to an ER. If your injuries seem minor, you still should have your injuries checked. Provide your doctor with as much detail as possible, in order to get an accurate diagnosis for your condition and your possible permanent physical impairment.

3.Contact a personal injury lawyer. You most likely will need assistance in collecting evidence and navigating your local court system. Therefore, it is wise to hire an experienced and specialized personal injury attorney, as he or she will exactly the right questions to ask, and can help answer any questions you may have about your specific situation.

Attorney Jonathan Friedland and his team handle all types of negligence, product liability, personal injury, negligent security, slip/trip and fall, and car accident and cruise ship accident cases throughout the state of Florida, including Boca Raton, Homestead, North Miami, South Miami, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Pembroke Pines, Hialeah, Kendall, Aventura, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach. Call the Miami personal injury attorneys today and let our family take care of your family.

Contact Information